Two men sustained injuries after a reported exchange of gunfire during a burglary attempt at a west Eugene home Tuesday, May 19, police said in a news release.
Officers responded at 1:07 a.m. to the 1600 block of Oak Patch Road, where they provided aid to two men who had been shot and required emergency treatment, Eugene police said in a news release.
The two men were taken by ambulance to a hospital, police said, with no further information provided about their condition Tuesday afternoon.
In the initial call to police, a man reported someone “broke into his home” and was shooting, with the caller reporting that he had returned gunfire, police said.
Melinda McLaughlin, a Eugene police spokesperson, said more than one person was at the home. SWAT personnel responded to the scene, as is common for a shooting with “people not yet accounted for,” McLaughlin said in an email.
McLaughlin cited the ongoing investigation and said no arrest information was immediately available.
Anyone with information about the shooting may call police at 541-682-5111.

